Wednesday, December 24, 2008

Week 38 and 1/2

Yesterday's appointment was overwhelming for me to say the least...I went expecting things to be great, but I thought wrong!!!

First, I had to see another doctor in the practice because I was told my doc was booked for this week. So, I was already anxious...When I got there I could not use the bathroom(which isn't good). I also had gain my one pound back that I lost last week.

BUT THEN...my blood pressure has been great my whole pregnancy...NOT yesterday. The nurse checked it twice and it was high...so she made me lay down on my side and my blood pressure went down. Praise the Lord!

However, Evan's heart beat sounds great and it's still so sweet getting to hear that!!! The doc measured me and he said "Oh, it looks like you're ready"...I thought that was funny!

Well before I left I was able to use the bathroom and that did not turn out to well either...

SO, I have to go to the hospital on Friday for a blood pressure check and to use the bathroom...

To sum it all up, If my blood pressure it still up and the urine test turns out bad...I will probably be staying at the hospital. I do not know for sure...but we will see.

I am going to try enjoying Christmas and take one day at a time...

I will try to keep this updated...but little Evan will be here SOON!!!!!! Yea!!!

We hope everyone have a wonderful Christmas and a Happy New Year!!!!

1 comment:

The Rumage's said...

Maybe your BP was high b/c you were anxious about seeing a new doc...we'll keep our fingers crossed that is what it is! My friend had high BP at the end too....but they take good care of you and monitor you closely to make sure all goes well...you're job is to just relax!!
Hope ya'll have a merry Christmas!