Wednesday, October 7, 2009

9 Month Check-Up

So last Thursday we took Evan to the doctor due to some problems we were having with his eye swelling around the outside. I attend a bible study on Wednesday morning and the past two weeks he has rubbed his eye so much it started swelling. Well it really bothered me so I made an appointment with the doctor. Everything turned out fine...we still don't know why he is rubbing his eye because it had gone away by the time we went to the doctor. However, we will see how today goes. I think he may be allergic to something in the room where he stay while I am in bible study.

On another note...Evan had his 9 month check-up while we were there. Here are his stats:
Weight: 22 lbs 5.5oz (75th percentile)
Height: 29 1/4 in. (75th percentile)

Jason and I both think Evan weighs more than that...who knows???? BUT, it looks like my son will be taller than me...he is already half my height. CRAZY!!!

So what is Evan doing this week:

  • He loves watching "Jack's Big Music Show" and "Wonder Pets" on Noggin (Cartoon's)
  • He is pulling up on EVERYTHING!!!
  • Crawling EVERYWHERE!!!
  • Walking well holding on to mommy and daddy
  • Loving this fall weather because he can be outside
  • Eating table food
  • Drinking GREAT from his cup
  • Loves playing with balls
  • Still waiting on his two top teeth to make their apperance
  • Likes watching football with daddy (according to Jason)
  • Sleeping through the night again!!!! YAY!!!

Well I could go on and on, but I wont. But I do want to share with you some of the soild foods Evan has tried so far.

Foods Evan has tried:

  • Chicken fingers (Loves)
  • Bread (Loves)
  • Roast Beef (Loves)
  • Macaroni and Cheese (Loves- unless its leftovers)
  • Peas ( Likes)
  • Cheese ( Loves)
  • Cheerios (Loves)
  • Sweet Potatoes (Hates- but loves the baby food kind)

1 comment:

Unknown said...

He's Poppa's grandson for sure.. Loves all the meat but hates the veggies except macaroni & cheese. can't wait to see ya'll next week. I'll have to make mashed potatoes and pasta for him.

Mom