Tuesday, September 23, 2008

Whats New...

Once again, I am aweful about updating the blog. I try hard but I haven't found much time these days. I did go to the the doctor on the 12th and everything went really well with the gulcose test. I guess I past because I haven't heard from my doctor's office. However, my weight was AWEFUL....I have got to start eating better. I have started walking but I crave fast food all the time. I try not to eat bad...but sometimes I just can't help myself.

I just started a new job at Southeast Alabama Medical Center this week. I think it's going to be a great change for me...well I hope. I will be working here following Evan's birth. It just part time which it GREAT!

Well...Evan's bedding has arrived and he's furniture is in...the store is waiting on us to come pick it up. I still haven't decided about what color I am going to paint his room. We have got to start getting busy!!!!!

My registries are completed at Target and Babies R Us. I have to register at a local store here in Dothan and then I'll be done!!! Time is closing in on me really quickly!!! AHHHH!!! I can't believe it will be October next week....so CRAZY!!! However, I can't wait to welcome Evan into the world!!

Well hopefully I will get better at updating...

1 comment:

The Rumage's said...

Bri,
You are going to have good "weigh-ins" and bad ones as well. I gained 8 lbs. at one of my visits - so don't beat yourself up. I don't know very many people who only gained that "25 lbs" they say you "should" gain during pregnancy.

Plus, the doctor was reassuring that a lot of it was "water". And, eating salt will contribute to you retaining water.

I craved fast food too - and this helped me...it may help you. If you deprive yourself of the craving you are likely to end up over indulging so just limit what you do. If fast food is what you crave, then limit yourself to only eat it twice a week (and only 1 portion!). If I couldn't shake my cravings I would get an individual sized bag of Zapp's potato chips (they come in all kinds of yummy flavors, but the "cajun crawtators" were my fave). They helped me beat the craving and it wasn't as bad calorie, salt, or fat wise as the fast food!

Hope this helps!