Tuesday, July 1, 2008

Doctor's Appointment

Last Friday, I had my 4 week check up with Dr. Patel. As many of you know, I get stressed when things don't always go my way. The group of doctor's I am using have two separate office's in Dothan and they are across town from each other. Well, I had it in my mind that my appointment was at the Southeast office...so I signed in and the lady at the front desk asked which doctor was I seeing and I told her Dr. Patel. She looked at me like I was crazy and then informed me that he was not at that office today that I was supposed to be at the office across town. I of course felt dumb because there I was in the WRONG place!!!

However, I made it to my appointment across town on time. The check-up turned out GREAT!! I had not gained any weight since four weeks ago! whoo!!! The baby's heart rate was 155 bpm...which is really good. He measured my belly...but there isn't too much there right now. But Dr. Patel told me I was doing great with my weight...which is always great to hear! It is always nice to have a good report!

The pregnancy is going really good. I have not been sick and the only thing that I am feeling is tired....but that will soon come to a close as I am approaching the second trimester!!! Today I am 13 weeks and 3 days. Saturday I will turn 14 weeks and begin my second trimester. I can't believe how fast time is flying. My next appointment is July 18.

Jason and I leave for the beach on Thursday. We are excited about getting to spend some time relaxing!!!

3 comments:

rachelmann said...

I'm very excited about this!

I can't believe you're into your 2nd trimester already!

=)

The Rumage's said...

Yay Bri! I am so glad you have a blog now...so I can keep up!

Good to hear that you are feeling well. Yes, the tiredness will pass but isn't it crazy how you sometimes feel like you could just fall asleep in the middle of a conversation?!

You will feel your best during the second trimester...so take this time to "get things done" b/c when you get to your eighth or ninth month...you get tired of "carrying yourself around"! All you will want to do is sit and make Jason rub your feet! hehe

And...don't worry about the weight gain...you are pregnant and you are going to gain weight! Just don't go crazy (although there will be times that YOU eat more than you ever thought you could consume). You'll lose it after the baby comes...remember it takes a year to bake the baby and it'll take a year to burn it off!

I have put your blog link on our blog so I will be checking in often!

Keep me posted! Oh, by the way...I predict "BOY"

The Rumage's said...

I am changing my prediction to "GIRL"...that's my final one! and my prediction methods are 100% non-scientifically proven!