Sunday, November 22, 2009

Sanibel Island- Day 1

Well, yesterday Jason, Evan and I set out to travel to Southwest Florida to a place called Sanibel Island. My family has been coming here for years...put not too many years ago we started coming here for thanksgiving. It is truly a wonderful place to spend a week for thanksgiving. Anyhow, we were only supposed to travel half way yesterday but we were making such good timing we decided to come on down. Evan did WONDERFUL!!! I was sooo surprised. He even sleep all night last night (he also sleep lots in the car yesterday).

So today Evan woke about 6 am (normal time) and nursed. We got ready for our day and I took Evan out to look at the water while Jason finished getting ready. When we returned Meme (my mom) called to see what we were doing. We decided to ride bike's to the fresh food market with her. Evan got to ride in a baby chariot (it's an enclosed bike carrier for baby's) behind Jason. He enjoyed the ride there and even fell asleep. He enjoyed watching all the dogs at the market and even got to taste some of mommy's pumpkin muffin which he and I thought was rather tasty. However, he did not enjoy the bike ride back. He decided he wanted to skip his morning nap so we took him out to the beach. He enjoyed watching the birds and the ocean. He is still not too sure about the sand.

Tonight we ate at Gramma Dot's which was sooo good. The fried shrimp was great. Evan didn't get to taste anything tonight. He didn't really care to be at the restaurant...I think his tummy was hurting from teething. AHHH...if those teeth would just come in!!!

Well I did take some picture's but the bike one did not turn out good because Jason wanted to stick his leg in the picture. I will take one at another time. I didn't get any really good picture's today...however, I may post some tomorrow.

So Evan's first day of his first vacation was eventful. Tomorrow we hope to go swimming in the pool. The temperature's here are in the high to mid 80's...LOVE IT!!!

No comments: